Monday, May 3, 2010

Blog Carnival 5/3

I decided to join the wives of faith blog carnival. I am late. That is not too unusual. I am picking up on today's topic. Ten great things about being a military wife.

1. discounts. who needs coupons when you got military discounts.
2. military ID. I keep it in the clear covered pocket in my wallet, secretly hoping everyone will see it when I go to get cash. It is a statement. I am in a club and this is my ticket in.
3. Military Balls. It is the only group of people I know of that can go to "prom" until they are 60 and not have the pity and reaction of "bless their hearts" (not to mention, they are super fun).
4. Military names. We get together and all the parents are shouting their kids names. It sounds like a speech given at an inauguration. There is always a Freedom, Justice, Liberty, or America running around and my personal favorite to date is little Auto, as in, semi AUTOmatic. What can I say, patriotism and weapon fascination ooze out of us.
5. The commisary. Enough said.
6. We can uproot our families, pull them away from friends, schools and routine and we are not looked at as irresponsible parents, but honorable and adventuresome.
7. The honeymoon. We are always in the honeymoon stage. When the honeymoon starts to wear off he leaves for 12 months and then we start all over again. It really is lovely.
8. Other military spouses. kindred spirits. inspiring women. a group of women that can laugh and stay steady even through some of the darkest hours. Women that have a keen sense of perspective and hearts bigger than themselves.
9. Seeing and experiencing the world.
10. I think this might by my personal favorite and I have yet to hear an argument about it. There is nothing quite so sexy as a man in uniform.

Bonus: I have to add a bonus to my 10. "Attagirl" moments! You never know your own person strength until your husband is no where around and you are left to do everything. That's right. At-ta-girl!

3 comments:

  1. You are cracking me up! And I feel so honored to know you, you military woman you! You are rocking the military life out and that's awesome!

    So glad you could have a fun trip to Vegas. Can you believe I've never been???

    Love, Bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Stopping by from WOF carnival

    loved your list! I seriously lol at the military kids names... =)

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AT TA GIRL! You see, it's humor/whit like this that won my heart and after all of those years of trying to convince me to marry you finally tipped the scale in your favor.

    Keep it up hon (short version of hon-ey).

    ReplyDelete