The other day I got a glimpse of her. You know, that girl i use to be, the girl that has been dormant for the last 9 months. Well, I saw her, it was sort of like seeing a unicorn. magical.
Sometimes life's seasons are stressful and doesn't stress make a person do funny things? Hmmm? I have been on survival mode that's for sure. I have been sloppy and unfun all in the name of surviving. Which, unfortunately, has meant I have had to put a large part of me in the closet to hang there until another season. I will admit it, I'm a little tired. I'm ready for this deployment to be in the past and I am ready for the sun to shine.
But she has emerged a few times in the last week. I was so excited to get reacquainted. I wanted to snag onto her and put a padlock on the closet where she has been quietly waiting, but I knew this was premature, so I just whispered, "welcome back."
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So strange. Last night, I had a dream about you and Jeremy was in it too - random? Yes. However, despite the fact that I think I've met Jeremy once and have never seen the two of you together, your post coincidentally coincides with my dream. I hope you're doing well, and I'm not sure when Jeremy comes home, but I hope for you that it's soon. You are a good wife and mom. If only every family could be so blessed! And by the way, your comment on my post reminded me I needed to update my fitness challenge status, so thanks!
ReplyDelete