Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm not really sure how this all begun...I say that, as if it is my way of washing my hands of all the crazy life happenings. The truth is I remember the exact moment it happened, where I was, who I was with, the moment I toppled over my feet and my crush on Jer began. The moment is frozen in time and has left a trail of bread crumbs to him ever since. Even now 12 years later I am still finding crumbs that lead me to him and that giddy feeling that began it all.

So I guess the real question is not how did this begin, but rather, was I picking up the right bread crumbs?

I woke up as usual today. I still have 2 kids. I still have a baby bump that makes me walk funny and eat 8 hostess cupcakes in less than 24 hours, I still have loads of laundry undone and crackers smushed strategically in my carpet. So here it is... Did this trail really led to this place? That when my body hurts and laundry soap needs to be bought and vacuuming needs to be done my crush, my partner in all this lives in a different country. Working in a job that makes him almost unrecognizable to me. Having code words with me because he can't tell me what he is doing today. Having him speak a different language than me and write in what I think is scribbles. Having a whole different life that is completely unfamiliar to what I know...I was picking up the brown crumbs, maybe I should have picked up the white?

So today I did wake up as usual, but realized it is time I start journaling on what it is like to be married to a man like this...






So what does your husband wear to work?

4 comments:

  1. You're so whitty, Sweetheart! I love your posts and I especially love that you take the time to commemorate the troops. It is much appreciated. You should have tribute paid to you as well, for having the harder job while I'm gone. You're more of a soldier than I could ever be. For the record, I don't normally dress like this, we were just goofing around playing dress-up. I really think you are a fantastic person and loyal friend to me. Thanks so much for holding down the fort and doing such a great job raising our little humans by yourself while I'm gone. I miss you all terribly. I can't wait to see you. I love you twenty hundred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband wears torn shirts and rust stained pants (he accidentally died one of the pairs pink though, so I like to tease him about that one) so I would say Jer's get-up is a little more interesting. How are you and the girls? We need to pop by for a visit...

    I can't wait to see this new baby - any names yet? We miss you guys. Tell Miss Bella hello, and that I wish she were here to eat her "fav" in my fridge..blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good writer! I love to read this blog. Sorry i haven't been on hear in forever. We have had some craziness of our own. I hope all goes well with this baby and that dad makes it in time. Sexy it up as much as you can, Jeremy will still be glad to see you. No matter how much weight i gain, brad thinks i looks sexier when i am pregnant. So, something about that "glow" masks the most obvios. good luck syd and I will try to keep up with your ongoings better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. I never would have recognized him. I almost didn't anyway, even knowing it was him. He's a chameleon. Do they have those in the Middle East?

    ReplyDelete