Jer is coming home. I haven't seen him in 3 months. I want to be sexy. I have been thinking about this for the last few days, planning my outfit, thinking about my hair, thinking about how I should act, you know, the usual.
I know motherhood is beautiful. The glow that pregnancy brings is unique and my hubby along with many others find it attractive. But I have to be honest, for the last few days I have been plotting in my mind ways to make my extra 28 lbs.of baby weight unnoticeable. How can I hide it and be straight up sexy? Because let's face it, even the most conservative, soft spoken, easily embarrassed woman likes to have a little sex appeal without an asterisk once in awhile, for example:
Military wife shows up to meet husband in ankle cuffed-elastic waisted navy blue sweats with an over sized t-shirt, her hair in a pony tail and 28 pounds bigger*
*But it's ok He hasn't seen her in 3 months...anything will do about now.
So again, I have been thinking how should I do this. Should I stand with my back toward him and then I can turn my head in some dramatic way. He will notice my back-side and then my face and flowing hair and then by that time he will be so smitten the "biggerness" will be unnoticeable? I thought this might be the plan until I remembered the words of my doctor, "well, some people get edema in their ankles, you just happen to get it in your face." REALLY...what kind of unattractive joke is that? The only part of my body that swells to an unbelievable size is the only part I can't cover up. I'm not sure what I am going to do, maybe I will just live up the asterisk.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

you are SOOOO freaking funny. when are we getting together? you're back in utah? WHAT?
ReplyDeleteso, it's me again! i totally saw your tv debut! you two are the cutest and i think i forwarded the link to that newstory to everyone i knew. SOOO awesome! i love asher's name, i love the story, i love the timeliness of it all...congrats!
ReplyDelete