Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The phenomenon is real.

I am here as a testimonal that the " The Secret" craze a few years back was not a craze at all. It is real. You know, put out to the universe your desires, your deepest darkests and it will manifest. Alright here is the proof. I said to the universe via a blog that I would be working on 5-10 comebacks for socially awkward moments this week. Well today I was watching Studio 5 while I was feeding my boy. There was an entire segment dedicated to comebacks. That is right, it was advertised as 6 comebacks that you will want to have in your back pocket to thwart any socially awkward moment...thank you universe. The Secret delievered. So I listened and didn't write them on my hand as previously planned. I did just as I was told. I put them in my back pocket. Let's try them out.

Is your husband alive? That is a good question to ask him/her (in my case it is a him).

I sent him an email a week ago and he hasn't replied so I was just wondering if he was alive? Let me get back to you on that.

You know what they say about the military, they are either deployed or dead. You know, that is just not going to work for me.

oh, I also think this one will work as well.
You know what they say about the military, they are either deployed or dead. You know we can think different things and still be friends.

pretty pretty good if you ask me.

I think next week I will be working on getting myself to Fiji. Universe are you listening?

6 comments:

  1. you are so dang funny! i just love your posts. my favorite comeback is: you know, that is just not going to work for me.

    i'm putting it out in the universe that the guy/girl that said that to you about jer gets slapped. hopefully the universe is listening to ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are handy little comebacks!
    One I enjoyed using during pregnancy when I was asked if I was having twins was "no, why do you ask?" (said with big innocent eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Syd, you always have such an amazing attitude with life. By the way, the Alpine Food Storage place has amazing Gluten free Sugar free pancake mix. CharLee looooves it. And your disc is on the way:)
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post! I'll never forget an awkward moment just one month after Wyatt passed away when a girl said to me, "Oh, your husband died? Well, I'd MUCH rather have my husband DIE than have him LEAVE ME like MINE DID!" Luckily, it takes a lot to offend me and when I actually found out that her husband was a pedophile, I realized I might have agreed with her. But I really wish I would have had some of these comebacks in my back pocket during awkward situations. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually also wanted to agree with you about "The Secret." I've realized throughout my life that I have to be VERY careful what I put out into the Universe. Ask and ye shall receive. It happens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about, "Is your brain dead to ask a question like that?" Some people...

    ReplyDelete