Friday, January 1, 2010

A break in tradition





This is Jer and me bringing in 2009. We have found that snow shoeing is the perfect activity for New Years. It is quiet and peaceful it goes along well with the birth of a new year. I always find January 1st an almost sacred day,the newness, the beginning. I love it. Again, snow shoeing fits in well and it gets the heart rate up after all those holiday feasts. Sort of cleanses the body and jump starts you back to healthy living.

I had made plans to bring 2010 in the same exact way and then my mom called. My mom loves to clean probably the same amount that I love to do outdoor activities. There I was on the phone telling my mom about my big day plans. She listened. She then explained to me that that was actually not what I was going to be doing and that she was coming over and we were going to clean and organize my house for the entire day. She explained how it would be so nice to organize our new Christmas gifts and do laundry and welcome the new year in with cleanliness and order. Seriously? I am all about a clean house, but spring cleaning on New Years? Anyone that knows me knows the super clean and organized gene skipped me in fact the totally domestic gene, all together, I am void of. I will admit I would rather be out playing in the dirt than decorating a house. But still I agreed. And so that is what happened my super energetic mother showed up with high hopes early this morning and we cleaned and we organized all day. Truth be told I feel great. I really loved what we got done today and it really is nice to begin a new year being organized and shiny. I think I may adopt this as my new tradition. Ha Ha, just kidding, no way...mountains I will see you soon. And thanks to you mom for sharing your talent.

5 comments:

  1. Props to Suz. Take the help when you can get it Sweets. And as fot the pics, good memories... especially the ten hours I spent trying to build a tree stand for the camers with twigs. How do you stay married to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not such a bad tradition, I'd say. Good for you! Happy twenty-ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like something my mom would do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you. Been working on your pics. Go to my blog and call me.
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please send her over! I'm drowning in clutter!

    ReplyDelete