Thursday, November 4, 2010

Marathon


Our weekend had a theme... Marathon. Why? because Jeremy ran one and because our Halloween weekend, in and of itself, was a bit like an endurance sport. We drove to Greenville, South Carolina. It was a beautiful hip little place. A place that catered to hip single fun people. You can image the shock to see a mini van with a Thule rack on top drive along side the shiny little mini coopers and Saabs. We got to our hotel. It was amazing, water fountains inside along with a glass elevator. The girls thought we were in a palace. I told them we were. We had to be fancy the whole weekend because of it. When we went to park we were told we were too big. We couldn't fit inside the parking garage. We had to head to the misfit parking lot a few blocks away. Ha Ha our mini van was too big, it cracks me up every time I think about it. They just didn't know what to do with such a thing.


On Saturday because jer was running I had to check out as a lone adult. I had 3 kids, a double stroller, 2 pack and plays, 3 bags, 2 backpacks, pillows and blankets, and extra running gear. I had to take two trips. On my second one through a nice old gentleman told me his heart went out to me. To me? I gave him a weird look. Despite the spectacle that we are most places I really love that we get to travel so much with our kiddos. I told him where we go our kids go (except for my birthday rendezvous!!) and we really have a great time. He looked at me like I was lying and we skipped on our merry way.


Jeremy did very well. No, he did amazing. He ran the miles, finished and told me it wasn't that bad. He was nervous about the infamous wall. He had pain in mile 23 and 24 but other than that was fine. So I like to say he hit the fence not quite a wall. Afterward, we iced his knees jumped in the car, drove the hours back to North Carolina where Jer took the girls trick-or-treating, then home for a late night halloween celebration and movie, really quite impressive. You would have never known he had run 26.2 miles that morning.


1 comment:

  1. people like him amaze me. Aunt karen's the same way. I wish i were built that way...to be so active. It will be a great example to your kiddos. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete