We made it! Hello North Carolina (about 3 weeks ago!). Our number 7 move in the last 4 1/2 year is coming to an end. Wheew. But there is still more on the To Do master list.
adjust to the heat, still working on this one.
find a farmers market, done.
library cards, done.
find a house, found the most perfect house. In our price range. Southern style. on an acre of land with a fence. In a perfect neighborhood. done. Not quite, found out the elementary school isn't up to par. oh the sacrifice of a parent...
Find another house, with a good school. done. still in our price range. smaller town home. scrunched in with a million other people. no fence and hardly a backyard. But B's school is AMAZING!! well worth it! Can't move in until the 3rd--have been living in a hotel.
Move in.
Become a mama of a first grader, done. Oh, how sweet my B is.
make friends. Haven't totally gotten use to the "new kid in school" situation I am in all the time.
Decorate a house. We got rid of so much I am starting over. Lots of DIY projects in my future. Can't wait!!
Find camera cords off moving truck to post pictures of our cross country tour, talk about a party!
buy a car. done. not planning on it, and not ready to write that check out, but we had to, so done.
Find a local egg farmer. Apparently the demand for local eggs far outweighs the supply here. It's going to tricky, but I am up for the challenge!
Find a local goat milk soap farmer. DONE! I am so excited. I think I have made a best friend.
Find another mom that likes to work out so we can switch kid watching and I can hit the pilates class in town (I was so spoiled in Utah, every place accommodates having kids- I will miss you Utah).
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We will miss you! Let us know when you are in town so we can always plan a girls night!
ReplyDeleteAnd Utah misses YOU! I mean Iiiiiii miss you! So glad that things are settling nicely. I've been thinking and wondering about you guys so much!
ReplyDeleteLove, looooooove, Bree
so, since you are buying is this a more permanant thing??? I never see you much, but you are always missed syd! Hey, about the egg thing. So, do you really have no yard? If you have a small yard, and it's allowed, you could totally have your own chickens. We have for a couple years now and love it. I am not a big fan of the chickens themselves as they scare the crap out of me but the eggs are superb and the chickens are not to hard to take care of. We had 5 for a while and got 5-6 eggs a day. And you can really control what they eat as they are yours, so you know they are truly organic/free range/vegetarian fed and so on. Anyway, maybe look into it. Syd, the chicken farmer!!! Come on, it'd be great and your girls would love it. Anyway, that's my bit. Hope you figure something out. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh we are soooo happy to have you!
ReplyDelete