I fully embrace my lack of wittiness when it comes to writing on this blog. I do it to stay in touch and know my talent is not in wooing the crowds. I do, however, try to stay away from the blantly obvious boring, that is until tonight. My topic is, well, boring. I don't know what is driving me to even write about it, but appearantly something is because here I am.
I have been mourning breads and baked goods (that is it, that is my topic, I know--terribly boring) Since we found out Ms. B has celiac's disease I have been doing what a good mama does. I make gluten free foods that we all can eat. There hasn't been a huge void in my life, until the weather started to change and the leaves have started to turn. I want so bad to nestle down and bake yummy homemade breads and cookies. I want to eat it with our gluten free/ dairy free (Ms. G is lactose intolerant) dinners. I want to wake up in the morning to a thick slice of hazelnut grain bread with a thick layer of butter and homemade jam. I want to eat 14 million double chocolate chip cookies with carmel as I sit and feel the chill in the air. I love you gluten. I love lots of you. I am sorry I can not indulge and become comforted by you any longer.
I did find comfort tonight by deciding I was making a meal for me and not cater to my children's tastes and likes and needs and desires. And wouldn't you know the ladies gobbled it up, the stars were aligned I am telling you. Baked speghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce--thank you farmers market for supplying the goods, steamed spinach, rosemary potatos and quinoa with chopped pecans. It did make me feel better, although, in my heart I did hope a glutenous piece of something would find it's way to my door step.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sydnee-------Kong and I are beginning to think that you screen our calls!!!!! I'm in Salt Lake now and would love to visit you and your cute prego belly. Where do you guys live??? Give me a call sometime. 831-236-9326.
ReplyDeleteMy dad was diagnosed with Celiac's disease a couple years ago. Not fun. Way to be so diligent about it though. Best of luck to little B. Its a big lifestyle change but she has a good momma :)
ReplyDeleteLove the preggo pictures. So fun to be pregnant sisters together!